Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Midpoint Reflection Questions

How has the internship been the same as and/or different than your expectations?
It was different of what I thought before I had the interview. I tought I was going to have the chance of working with police officers. However, I am learning related things to police departments.

What is similar and different about the culture of the school environment versus the workplace environment? What new skills have you learned that apply to the workplace?
The environment at school is more warm then in the site. At Vera the are all quiet, and are most of the time on their office doing their job. The new skill I learnde at my intership is work independently.

What kind of relationship do you have with your mentor and co-workers? How have you grown as a result of interacting with professional adults?
I have a good relationship with my mentor and co-worker. I still don't feel really comfortable talkin to them, but it's easy to communicate about work related things.

What challenges at the internship have you faced that you have overcome and how did you overcome them?
To overcome the silence. It is boring (especially now I don't have a mp3 player)
I guess I got used to it.

What challenges have you faced in school as a result of the altered schedule and how are you handling them?
I think most of us are facing a challenge is "managing our time" It is hard to do our school assignments. I get home at 6 and sometimes I don't have time to do anything because I go straight to sleep.

What goals are you working to accomplish during the remainder of the internship?
I really want to learn and actually get a little involve with police officers.


What new things have you learned about New York City?
I learn that there is many people that worry about the community. For example Vera worries about immigrants rights. I is very cool that people worry about the ones that feel less supported

No comments: