Wednesday, March 26, 2008

*Daily Post* 03-26-08

I entered 15 minutes early to my inernship-site, therefore I had to wait til 1:00 to start my daily assignments. I used a computer while I waited, which was used for personal reazons. A little bit after 1:00 my mentor explained me the receptionist's responsibilities, if in case one day they'll need my help. The most specific part was answering the phone. That was scary, so many bottons to press. However, my mentor gave me details of their functions. He also explained whichwere the necessary numbers to press when a call enters, and also how to connect them with the person they want to talk. At the end it seemed simple. After that I put a pile of payment sheets in order depending on the companies' names (vendor)
That was quick. After that I had to look over 5 boxes and try to find where they belonged to. To accomplish that I had to go over the files inside the boxes. I took a little bit longer on this one. Then, I explained my mentor what I had found. After a brake I helped my mentor accomodate the main confernce room of the institue, for a special meeting. When we were done we talked about the conference room, and many other things related to Vera.

No comments: